Founded in 1900, Arpin Group, Inc. is the holding company for Arpin Van Lines, Arpin International Group, Arpin Broadcast Network, LLC., Creative Storage Solutions and Arpin Renewable Energy, LLC.
Headquartered in Rhode Island, Arpin is a leader in the household goods moving industry with over 330 domestic U.S. agents and Strategic Service Centers located throughout the world.
With a reputation for providing excellent service and a unique focus on preserving the environment, Arpin Group is the only family-owned and operated moving company that has remained dominant and successful for more than a century.
- 1900 – Paul Arpin & Sons is created in Providence RI, by Paul X. Arpin who had been delivering coal and ice in the city of Providence for about 5-6 years. His family had come from Drummondville, Quebec in the late 1880's.
- 1941 – Our current Chairman, Paul Arpin, succeeded his grandfather as President of the company
- 1955 - Paul Arpin & Sons becomes an agent for North American Van Lines
- 1962 - Paul Arpin & Sons becomes a National Van Line and changes its name to Paul Arpin Van Lines
- 1979 - David Arpin, son of Paul Arpin, joined the company after finishing his college education and spending several years as a long distance driver for the company.
- 1981- Peter Arpin joined the company after several years in broadcasting.
- 1983 - Built and moved into its brand new world headquarters.
- 1989 – Paul Arpin Van Lines establishes its international freight forwarding services. Arpin International Group is born
- 1990 – Paul Arpin Van Lines gains its first rating as #1 in overall customer satisfaction by the nation’s leading consumer information publication.
- 1991 – David Arpin succeeded his father as President of Paul Arpin Van Lines
- 1993 – Arpin Moving Systems opens its doors to service the Canada-US cross-border moving services
- 1997 – Inc. Magazine/MCI Grand National Award winner for superior customer focus
- 1999 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. becomes the Nation’s 7th largest HHG Carrier
- 2000 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. celebrates its 100th Anniversary
- 2002 – Paul Arpin Van Lines becomes Arpin Van Lines, Inc.
- 2004 – Arpin International Group opens it first international office in Kent, England
- 2005 – Creative Storage Solutions is created to service the global storage needs for multinational corporations.
- 2006 – The Arpin companies merge under one Holding Group, The Arpin Group, Inc. and the 2nd international office is opened in Singapore
- 2007 – Arpin International Group continues its global expansion opening Strategic Service Centers in Toronto, Canada, Hong Kong, China and Wiesbaden, Germany.
- 2008 – Arpin Broadcast Network, LLC., launches the first web-based television network geared towards the moving industry; Arpin Group formally implements a company-wide initiative of “going green.”
- 2009 – Arpin International Group opens a Strategic Service Center in Dublin, Ireland.